What I think happened to the OSGi wiki

In reply to: AlBlue’s Blog: Whatever Happened to …. I think the main problem with the OSGi wiki is that the OSGi website is not really a “community site”. At least personally I don’t frequent the site unless I need to download ...

The joys of hosted deployment

Since I don’t have my own server somewhere, I have been running stuff on Dreamhost for a while now. Most notably my LotRO site is hosted there. In fact one of the major reasons to implement it in Rails was ...

Why would Sun make a JEE server that invents an alternative to JEE

Subscribing to a host of Eclipse-related blogs on my Google Reader account I come across a number of interesting post. And I just read one by Neil Bartlett about the recent Glassfish V3 Prelude release by Sun. There is not a ...

Updated available neighborhoods

I just noticed that a new kinship just wrote their kinship hall in the text, and that the neighborhood wasn’t listed. So I took a round and found a bunch that had been added since I initially did the list. ...

Housing Directory map – fixed

Turns out that Turbine simply changed the JavaScript they used to convert coordinates and figure out what tiles to show when. Lucky I just copied that file without modification. So I just had to replace it and it worked again. Now ...

Housing Directory map is messed up

Just a small note to state that I noticed that the Hosing Directory map seems to have gone haywire. Looks like Turbine moved their map co-ordinates a bit. I’ll look into bringing my house locations into sync with it soon(tm). ...

Keeping up with the train – Lots of work for little features

Ruby on Rails 2 has been out for a good month or two by now. And my hosting provider, Dreamhost, added the gems to support 2.0.2 just after New Years Eve, So obviously I had to upgrade the Laurelin Community ...

Now with maps and houses

Well it’s been a while since I wrote anything here. My last post was about the initial release of the Unofficial Laurelin Community site. And look at how far it has come now. Okay, so it is still ugly. But functionality-wise ...

The rise of a new site

Since my time in Vanguard was very short I never really got around to play much with Ruby on Rails. I suppose I could continue to work on that project just for the hell of it. But I know myself ...

House of Kenja – Vanguard:SoH Site

Over the last month or so I have been busy in a new game. And as usual I have found it to be a good excuse to try out some new things. Specifically I felt I needed a place to ...

v0.11 – Transport Lines

This week witnessed the release of one of the features I have wanted to implement for a while now (and I think promised a couple of times on IRC at least). Namely the fabled Transport Lines. As mentioned in my previous ...

We now have editors…

Well. A couple of updates have come and gone. And finally I have enough backend tracking to allow 3rd parties to edit the map. So far I have two people who have access to add, change and delete markers on ...

Map released and updated

Well. I finally got around to releasing the DnL map to the public last saturday (it’s available here). And slowly over the last week I have been adding a number of markers to the map too. Yesterday marked the first ...

The woes of making overlays in Photoshop

Well. Progress on a real map for DnL is going forward. I have most of Light Kingdom mapped. And I got Dark Kingdom mapped in stress test. So in a day or two I can post a full map of ...

Gunning for DnL now

Well. It’s been another couple of slow weeks. And little progress has been made until now. I’ve finally begun working on the map again to get ready for DnL release. First step has been a very basic one: Making the tiles ...

She can’t handle anymore captain!

I suppose some research would have made me arrive at this conclusion sooner. Or just a larger dataset of marker. But now it hits! The initial update to Google Maps API v2 went quickly. And the new support for map controls ...

Let’s move to Google Maps API version 2

Well. I was finally getting down to work. Moving markers in my editing tools was almost working… Except they where not. So on to the Google Maps API site to check the docs… And SHOCK! They released version 2 of ...

Slow progress

Well. I’ve been back on the ‘net for a couple of weeks now. And, well, nothing much seems to have happened on the map. But in fact some things have happened. I got adding markers working. And then promptly broke most ...

Some invisible updates…

Well. Most of the editing tools have now been made. Currently I can (on my development page) login, update and delete markers. And also I have added some support for dynamically reloading changed markers (not functional yet tho). Also some fundamental ...

Well. At least I have a full SoG map

Well. Late last friday I finally finished making a complete map of the SoG part of the game. After having worked on uncovering the map for a while I got some outside help on getting it done. But I don’t ...

Main Menu